Official Tsuki ClubOfficial Tsuki ClubThis is the Official TsukiBoard Club.

kilani
Sayaka Rank
Administrator + Puella Magi

kilani

In linea No
Livello 36
Iscrizioni 4 anno/i fa
Post(s) 5334
Posizione United St...

2 anno/i fa
xxangelchanxxpiratepapillonkilaniDon't care if a base is boring, but I hate really big ones or ugly colored ones. Like the black ones of Griffon or some of the really bad color choices of some companies (Sora from Alter comes to mind)

One of my favorite normal base sets was Alter's K-ON! line.

Griffon bases, auuuuuggghhh. I have a lot of Griffon figures and they take up way too much room simply because the base is oversized. I can deal with big bases, but only if they're nice like the ones on my Kotobukiya figures.

A lot of older Kotobukiya figures like the to heart 2 line have crap bases.
Though that time was when they really made figs of series no one else would touch like galaxy angel or Saikano. ;_;

hm like which ones?

I really like bases that are small but are showing where the character was supposed to be, like a brick base or wooden flooring ^^
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-N8qnyiXA8bQ/T5j5J8_2h5I/AAAAAAAACOo/GkYMx2PBlrE/s365/hanekawa_01_websnap16p.gifhttps://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-6wUxtdQRF7s/T6XnI1JllMI/AAAAAAAACRU/8z9j-nQXegs/s400/hanekawa_02d.gifhttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Ek8D9dEqt_4/T5mFnKWLOtI/AAAAAAAACPQ/l02cExv9aHc/s150/hanekawa_03.gif

piratepapillon
Very Important Boarder

piratepapillon

In linea No
Livello 19
Iscrizioni 3 anno/i fa
Post(s) 429
Posizione Canada

2 anno/i fa
I think I have a new company that I really like. I just got three figures by Ques Q and they are amazing. Their size is really small but the paint, details, sculpting, and base are all magnificient. These ones are already amongst my favorite figures and I just got them. I'll definetely be getting more from this company.

And I don't really know about all Kotobukiya figures, but the Touhou figure line has nice bases. I guess it could be very different for their older stuff.

kilani
Sayaka Rank
Administrator + Puella Magi

kilani

In linea No
Livello 36
Iscrizioni 4 anno/i fa
Post(s) 5334
Posizione United St...

2 anno/i fa
Well, I think it's good to experiment and see for yourself what you find well done and attractive. I really adore Kotobukiya for the most part for example, and really don't like the Ques Q I've had, although I love their sculpts. A lot of people share the complete opposite of those two sentiments. I think the best thing is to really look thoroughly through pictures, see where the companies go for each year, and try to use your best judgment from there.

I don't think that any company is the "definitive" figure company. All of them are capable of making bad figures, or ones with flaws that may make you think twice about them. This is the main reason I don't pre-order, I like to take a good look at user photos and reviews before I make a purchase. Since figures aren't very limited these days, it's easy to go by that I find.

As much as I dislike or like a lot of figure companies, there are plenty of figures in each company that I think "wow, I can't believe they did that", even though I love them otherwise. Perhaps when you're finding yourself saying that a lot towards one company is when you really start to question their ability to hold to your taste/expectations. For instance, I am very hesitant to buy GSC figures because they are usually off the mark by just one small thing, that bothers me a lot.

Although with the amount of figures that come out now, it's pretty easy to see why a lot of users (like myself) set their standards incredibly high and are very selective.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-N8qnyiXA8bQ/T5j5J8_2h5I/AAAAAAAACOo/GkYMx2PBlrE/s365/hanekawa_01_websnap16p.gifhttps://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-6wUxtdQRF7s/T6XnI1JllMI/AAAAAAAACRU/8z9j-nQXegs/s400/hanekawa_02d.gifhttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Ek8D9dEqt_4/T5mFnKWLOtI/AAAAAAAACPQ/l02cExv9aHc/s150/hanekawa_03.gif

TheTsunami
Regular Boarder

TheTsunami

In linea No
Livello 9
Iscrizioni 3 anno/i fa
Post(s) 10
Posizione United St...

2 anno/i fa
I am definitely big on Good Smile and Alter, though the latter just doesn't seem to make figures of characters I have an interest in very often as others have mentioned. My experiences with Kotobukiya have been hit or miss, though I have not ordered any of their recent work.

xxangelchanxx
Very Important Boarder

xxangelchanxx

In linea No
Livello 17
Iscrizioni 5 anno/i fa
Post(s) 454
Posizione New Jerse...

2 anno/i fa
kilanixxangelchanxxpiratepapillonkilaniDon't care if a base is boring, but I hate really big ones or ugly colored ones. Like the black ones of Griffon or some of the really bad color choices of some companies (Sora from Alter comes to mind)

One of my favorite normal base sets was Alter's K-ON! line.

Griffon bases, auuuuuggghhh. I have a lot of Griffon figures and they take up way too much room simply because the base is oversized. I can deal with big bases, but only if they're nice like the ones on my Kotobukiya figures.

A lot of older Kotobukiya figures like the to heart 2 line have crap bases.
Though that time was when they really made figs of series no one else would touch like galaxy angel or Saikano. ;_;

hm like which ones?

I really like bases that are small but are showing where the character was supposed to be, like a brick base or wooden flooring ^^

(mfc link)

Sorry but none of these are brick flooring,just round plastic bases that are one color.
http://i.imgur.com/H6dgR.gif

MomoNoguiko
Regular Boarder

MomoNoguiko

In linea No
Livello 11
Iscrizioni 2 anno/i fa
Post(s) 54
Posizione Brazil

2 anno/i fa
Well, I only have GSC nendoroids so i'll post my impressions about the company.

The nendoroids are well made, it's very well painted, I love the eyes and there's always something different on every product that makes you want to buy (even if it's school girls).

The nendoroid's boxes are very cute, when I put all together it's a nice view, every character have unique art boxes that matches the series where they are from.

But, not everything are roses, some of my nendos and from another users have some quality problems, paint not well done, some parts are a little blurred and some pieces have barbs or don't fit.

Some barbs or some piece that don't fit are easy to solve but when it come to paint problem, it's very sad, specially when it's not cheap and you expect the figure be well done for what you paid for.

Another point that I don't like about the company, their choices about the character that will turn into nendoroid, like everyone else on this topic, I'm tired when a new school girl/Miku is announced. Sadly there's many, many animes that the theme is school life and there will be some character that the otaku community will like.

It's ok to release some school girls (because, it's another nendo that I don't want to buy and I can save money for another one more cool :D) but what annoying me most is the fact that when GSC releases a school girl/Miku, they would be releasing another character that would be more cooler!

I like GSC and nendoroids but I kind feel sad when I see their quality dropping like that, I really, really hope GSC doesn't start to drop more and make their products really nice.
(ext link) - Take a visit :D
http://i42.tinypic.com/5vn0cj.jpg

darkfroggy
Regular Boarder

darkfroggy

In linea No
Livello 10
Iscrizioni 2 anno/i fa
Post(s) 75

2 anno/i fa
I think Amie-Grand is pretty good, my Gothic Rei is finished perfectly and doesn't have any flaws whatsoever. One of the best quality ones in my collection.

Alter... I only own Sasasegawa but I would say the quality is good. I don't like how the hair is made, it looks a bit plastic-y.

Orchid Seed quality is good, but pre-production Seena Kanon looked much better than the final version... T_T

Now GSC... I would say hit-or-miss. The QC on World is Mine Miku is just bad. I have an unopened Moka Akashiya, but the quality from what I can see, is much better on that one.

Kotobukiya... now the quality is going downhill. There is like a mistake in every piece. Plus, they keep re-releasing figures, and sometimes change the pose/costume a bit and call it a new figure (I'm looking at you, Maxima/Blanc Neige). The figures are really nice, but the quality man...

protomanx13
Regular Boarder

protomanx13

In linea No
Livello 8
Iscrizioni 2 anno/i fa
Post(s) 29
Posizione Boston, M...

2 anno/i fa
My favorite makers would be GSC though I am not a big collector so I would not nitpick as much as some collectors do, but one thing for sure, they know how to market their products.

But yea, they really need to stop making so much Miku, Vocaloid, BRS, Working, and etc, but rather make something that is a throwback to a nostalgic anime or something that is not all about moe.

puppy rape ftw =D

Zaken_salomo
Regular Boarder

Zaken_salomo

In linea No
Livello 13
Iscrizioni 2 anno/i fa
Post(s) 5

2 anno/i fa
i hate all bootleg company... *cause some of them was officially a "company" that produce bootleg* .. =P

btw,for PVC scale figure.. i like GSC for PVC product's.. looks like that they have a good sculpture resources..and a good painting too.. XD
but, sometimes, they lack of action in the PVC's scale figure.. not means all of them, but mostly it's just plain..
like makise kurisu scale figure, the kotobukiya made well with the gear on it.. not like GSC that just have makise that just like get windblown while standing.. >,<.. but after all, the detail from the sculpture, GSC win it... ^^

--Vaultkai101--
Regular Boarder

--Vaultkai101--

In linea No
Livello 8
Iscrizioni 1 anno/i fa
Post(s) 11
Posizione Canada, B...

1 anno/i fa
I'm just a beginner but from all the figures i found in the store "Good smile company" make great figures :)

DreamDiary
Regular Boarder

DreamDiary

In linea No
Livello 7
Iscrizioni 3 anno/i fa
Post(s) 63
Posizione USA

1 anno/i fa
I would have to say my favorite figure manufacturer would be Gift. Yes I know it's practically a branch of GSC and they're known primarily for their plushies, which I love because they are all adorable and is the most diverse line I've seen any figure company do, but their small collection of scaled figures are some of the best I've seen.

My most hated would be Banpresto because they have a lot of great figures from prize to scale, but it's almost always frustrating trying to get at most of them including having to deal with proxies, second hand merchandise, and personally doing the lottery chance.

otaku-cupcake
Megley (◡‿◡✿)
Regular Boarder

otaku-cupcake

In linea No
Livello 12
Iscrizioni 2 anno/i fa
Post(s) 40
Posizione Canada

1 anno/i fa
kilani (2 anno/i fa) How can you not love the only company that consistently makes Key figures?

Exactly why I love Kotobukiya.

Sosesohvi
Regular Boarder

Sosesohvi

In linea No
Livello 8
Iscrizioni 1 anno/i fa
Post(s) 20
Posizione Finland

1 anno/i fa
Here are some of my opinions.

Overall, I think that Alter's quality is the best compared to the other manufacturers. The amount of detail in their work is just amazing. Let alone that I don't remember seeing rough painting in their products. For some reason I've always thought that Alter's figs look very mature in general. I can't really explain what i mean. They've also had pretty bold releases recently, which I like, eg the Selvaria swimsuit figure.
Good Smile Company

Good Smile has pretty creative ideas and sculpts imo. Their figs aren't as detailed as Alter's but I've always seem them as very polished and carefully designed but the figures' faces look the same often. They always seem to have somewhat round and smooth features. It fits most of their figs, I think. GSC seems to make figures out of the characters and series that are on the surface. They are a good company but they rarely surprise me. It feels a bit that they choose always a secure way.

Kotobukiya

Even if Koto can't always compete with some of the other companies out there, I think that they have very unique style. Especially Their Bishoujo-line is great. I consider Koto's non-anime figures better than the anime ones for some reason. I think that their style fits better on more realistic looking characters. A good example is Alisa Bosconovitch figure of theirs. It has enough detail and a personal touch by Yamashita Shunya.

Megahouse

Their gem-line is awesome. Their figures aren't very detailed when compared to eg Good Smile or Alter but in my opinion they manage to catch the characteristics of a character very well, especially on male figures.

Hmmm. Overall it's very hard to say which company is the best, let alone hated. (I cannot hate figures.) Everyone has their pros and cons, really. But if I were forced to decide Alter's figures are perhaps the most appealing to me.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse.

phantom
Regular Boarder

phantom

In linea No
Livello 15
Iscrizioni 2 anno/i fa
Post(s) 9
Posizione Indonesia

1 anno/i fa
Alter, cause yes, their sculpting and painting are godly. No questions asked.

I also took a liking to orchid seed and native, cause I love ero. Native has a superb quality, and orchid seed has a wide variation of characters, so yeah (also a lot of them was busty too :3, I love those). Native is ALTER, an ero one.

What else, max factory maybe? I love their figmas, and some of their pvc.
But since maxfac is GSC's, I currently hate them a little. Not because of their quality (although some of their products sucks), but because of their policy of tagging products with limited or bundle tag, exclusive piece-of-bla bla, and many others. Also their QC are getting worse recently. Lastly, their reissue policy which destroyed some figures economy.

Wave, megahouse, kotobukiya are decent too, but I don't have their products yet, so I cannot really tell.

Hated figure company. Maybe Giga Pulse or Okayama figure something. Their ero figures are too hardcore. There are not even a single beauty of women left. It was simply horrid and disgusting to me (and some of you I think). Ero figures like native or orchid seed made captured the beauties of a woman, in an ero way, compared to GP or OFE who doesn't.

Well, I don't know many figure company, so I think I'll stop right here. Sorry for any grammatical error I made. Feel free to give your opinions.

DarkAscendant
Regular Boarder

DarkAscendant

In linea No
Livello 12
Iscrizioni 1 anno/i fa
Post(s) 7
Posizione Magelang,...

1 anno/i fa
damn, i should have take a look at this topic sooner :(

but actually i`ve seen many figure in indonesia since year 2000, --' but never bought even 1 cause ...
they all seem ... bootleg to me on the shop display

are alter figure that good ? @_@ i might buy >> item #4322 from local shop after seeing this topic --'

then .. ? kotobukiya ? how`s that ? i`m also thinking buying item #35297 from local shop too, but later .. some user said the figure seem weird on this that ... @_@"

up to now i`m stuck my fave to GSC cause toda satoshi sculpting figure like item #11134 and item #75212 .. :)

what i hate is ... the company that making bootleg (damn bootleg scattered around indonesia --') and some of abnormal nudity figure making company i don`t know what should i call them --' S .. what ?

Myr
Regular Boarder

Myr

In linea No
Livello 10
Iscrizioni 1 anno/i fa
Post(s) 18
Posizione Germany

1 anno/i fa
for GSC:

i have 1 out of 5 flawless figmas..1 nendo which is ok..but im a real quality freak...if i spot a pvc grain or a color transfer i go nuts..
i preoerdered my first 1/8 scale now...we see how we will go here

For Kotobukiya:

i got 2 of their 1/8 scales both with minor flaws (dents/edges from sculpting...some colorgrains on my kuroneko)....is that common on their Figures?

Trishler
Regular Boarder

Trishler

In linea No
Livello 22
Iscrizioni 5 anno/i fa
Post(s) 196
Posizione France

1 anno/i fa
I'm not a fan of Taki corporation myself...I'm sure I'm not the only one ^^

Garfield1099
Regular Boarder

Garfield1099

In linea No
Livello 4
Iscrizioni 1 anno/i fa
Post(s) 2

1 anno/i fa
Trishler (1 anno/i fa)I'm not a fan of Taki corporation myself...I'm sure I'm not the only one ^^

Yes,Taki is not very good.
Aggiornato 1 anno/i fa #1321695

Garfield1099
Regular Boarder

Garfield1099

In linea No
Livello 4
Iscrizioni 1 anno/i fa
Post(s) 2

1 anno/i fa
I like only good companies.

janni
Regular Boarder

janni

In linea No
Livello 6
Iscrizioni 1 anno/i fa
Post(s) 8
Posizione Sydney, ...

1 anno/i fa
Anyone who works with goodsmile :)

« Precedente   1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Successivo »

Sopra ↑

Iscriviti al club per partecipare alla discussione.