Very Important Boarder

keychain

In linea No
Livello 18
Iscrizioni 8 anno/i fa
Post(s) 109
Posizione United St...

7 anno/i fa
lol, yeah the angle...to be honest I made it lower than I originally wanted to just to get the background to be just the black foam board and not catch the blue foam board the figure was sitting on. I should probably buy some cloth or something ^^;.

copperchef
Regular Boarder

copperchef

In linea No
Livello 12
Iscrizioni 7 anno/i fa
Post(s) 65
Posizione United St...

7 anno/i fa
Personally, I'd say the low angle is fine actually, makes it more of a heroic shot. I think the lighting looks really nice too. The thing that caught my eye was a streak on the background or something that makes it look like Horo's foot is smoking hehe.

I really like how you combine figures, props, etc to create an original scene. Also love how you make use of anything around as photo equipment. For the background having some fabric is really nice as it can be bigger then most boards but easy to store. And you have the iron right htere to keep it wrinkle free :-p Another thing you can do is wrap fabric around a piece of foamcore board. Makes for a textured but wrinkle free background for smaller subjects like the nendoroids.

A thought I had while looking at this. Due to the light's color, Horo's clothing etc... it almost feels like it would make a great "old and distressed" shot. For some reason I kept think of those old new reels when I saw this shot. "News, on the March! Horo takes on all opposition with her Black Rock Cannon and is Victorious!" lol.
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8672/konmiosig5.gif

keychain
Very Important Boarder

keychain

In linea No
Livello 18
Iscrizioni 8 anno/i fa
Post(s) 109
Posizione United St...

7 anno/i fa
Yeah, my black foam board got scratched one day and it left a streak there lol. Glad you guys like the lighting; been contemplating getting another flash and trying to see if I could get a bit more crazy with it but that will probably have to wait till I accumulate more funds.

I kinda went for a sepia tone to the picture, even photoshopped in a little bit more warmth to the color. Can totally see the old film reel angle to the pic lol.

One problem I noticed after I uploaded was that my camera back focused a bit, probably because I focused and reframed. Of course afterward I remembered I could've used live mode on my camera and set the focus to any part of the frame and just locked it there by setting it to manual...

najimi13
Regular Boarder

najimi13

In linea No
Livello 12
Iscrizioni 8 anno/i fa
Post(s) 96
Posizione United St...

7 anno/i fa
Great shot and I agree with mostly what's been said so far. One thing I can add though is that the light at the tip of the cannon is distracting. My eyes are bouncing between the gun tip and Holo's body parts.

I really need to take some more pics myself. Just got back from a Spring Break trip and finished cleaning my collection. :3

keychain
Very Important Boarder

keychain

In linea No
Livello 18
Iscrizioni 8 anno/i fa
Post(s) 109
Posizione United St...

7 anno/i fa
I can see how the tip can be a little distracting, probably could be toned down a bit in photoshop.

As for posting pics, any pic posted in this thread that wasn't taken by me is very much welcomed lol. You guys have some great collections and I'd love to see them shown off ^^.

keychain
Very Important Boarder

keychain

In linea No
Livello 18
Iscrizioni 8 anno/i fa
Post(s) 109
Posizione United St...

7 anno/i fa
Reviving a thread that's slowly rotting away, lol.

picture #61803

1/2 CTO gel on a strobe out of frame to the left, full blue gel on a strobe diffused by a semi-translucent white spray bottle on the right.

Post-processing, added a blurred layer at about 40% transparency with soft light blending and a second even more blurred layer with boosted levels to only preserve highlights at about 30% transparency with screen blending. Finished with desaturating half the color out.
Aggiornato 7 anno/i fa #163589

najimi13
Regular Boarder

najimi13

In linea No
Livello 12
Iscrizioni 8 anno/i fa
Post(s) 96
Posizione United St...

7 anno/i fa
It's hard to tell what you're going for in this photo. I'd try to brighten up that area on the back of her head in front of the hat and maybe get rid of the highlight on the shoe, but the lighting is still pretty nice. The pose is strange from this angle and would probably benefit from a tighter crop or different framing or something... I tried moving it around in photoshop and most appealing to me was moving down and to the right.

keychainReviving a thread that's slowly rotting away, lol.

Yeah thread died fast with nobody posting and all. I've been thinking of doing something myself, but lately my mid-day naps give me no free time. lol

Why is nobody posting here? Are people being shy or what? lol

Maybe I will just start hardcore C&Cing in comments..

keychain
Very Important Boarder

keychain

In linea No
Livello 18
Iscrizioni 8 anno/i fa
Post(s) 109
Posizione United St...

7 anno/i fa
I liked the tension that angle gave for some reason which is why I chose it. She kind of loses the relaxed look she has from most other angles. Agree with your lighting comments and tighter framing. I had a flash pointed directly at her from the bottom, perhaps a reflector placed above her could have softened the lighting around her head just a bit while still keeping most of the contrast.

Yeah, idk...wish more people would post but I wouldn't want anybody to be pushed into posting.

Ashlotte
Full-time Reviewer
Very Important Boarder

Ashlotte

In linea No
Livello 22
Iscrizioni 8 anno/i fa
Post(s) 255
Posizione Florida, ...

7 anno/i fa
najimi13It's hard to tell what you're going for in this photo. I'd try to brighten up that area on the back of her head in front of the hat and maybe get rid of the highlight on the shoe, but the lighting is still pretty nice. The pose is strange from this angle and would probably benefit from a tighter crop or different framing or something... I tried moving it around in photoshop and most appealing to me was moving down and to the right.

keychainReviving a thread that's slowly rotting away, lol.

Yeah thread died fast with nobody posting and all. I've been thinking of doing something myself, but lately my mid-day naps give me no free time. lol

Why is nobody posting here? Are people being shy or what? lol

Maybe I will just start hardcore C&Cing in comments..

Pretty much my reason....Have no time for like...anything...grateful to just be able to browse the site once a day. T_T

Need more hours in the day...
"There are some people who live in a dream world,
and there are some who face reality;
and then there are those who turn one into the other."

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d14/Arkadyz/Heart_Music_by_AlexSatriani.gif

takarayama
Enjoyer of Life.™
Very Important Boarder

takarayama

In linea No
Livello 21
Iscrizioni 8 anno/i fa
Post(s) 372
Posizione Café Alph...

7 anno/i fa
I have been hesitant to make any posts in this discussion as it felt like different people asking for critique and many replying to their posts made it all rather chaotic.

That's why I'd like to make a suggestion!

How about using this discussion to mainly post a link to your uploaded picture and then any critique can be given in the comments for the picture itself? I've seen that has been done a few times already, but maybe make it more official? It would also be helpful (at least to me) if uploaders looking for constructive criticism on a picture would say so in the description for the picture or else it is hard to know if it's okay or not to point out good and bad things about a picture.

Let's start a "C&C Club" within the photography club! :D

PS. It might be helpful if people post in picture comments that they come from here to give critique on the picture or else people might be scared and surprised from all the sudden comments. ;D
Hi! My name is yama. I am niced to meet you.™

keychain
Very Important Boarder

keychain

In linea No
Livello 18
Iscrizioni 8 anno/i fa
Post(s) 109
Posizione United St...

7 anno/i fa
takarayamaI have been hesitant to make any posts in this discussion as it felt like different people asking for critique and many replying to their posts made it all rather chaotic.

That's why I'd like to make a suggestion!

How about using this discussion to mainly post a link to your uploaded picture and then any critique can be given in the comments for the picture itself? I've seen that has been done a few times already, but maybe make it more official? It would also be helpful (at least to me) if uploaders looking for constructive criticism on a picture would say so in the description for the picture or else it is hard to know if it's okay or not to point out good and bad things about a picture.

Let's start a "C&C Club" within the photography club! :D

PS. It might be helpful if people post in picture comments that they come from here to give critique on the picture or else people might be scared and surprised from all the sudden comments. ;D

Sounds like a good idea! I'm sure others would be interested in reading peoples responses to certain pictures, too.

takarayama
Enjoyer of Life.™
Very Important Boarder

takarayama

In linea No
Livello 21
Iscrizioni 8 anno/i fa
Post(s) 372
Posizione Café Alph...

7 anno/i fa
Nothing has been said here for a while so I guess I'll make a post as I uploaded some pictures after like three months of no uploads.

I uploaded a set of 3 pictures. The first picture can be found here: picture #66433

Click the picture in "replies" to get to the next one. I made so the pictures loop around if you do this. This is my first time posting here like this so I am curious to see if anyone has anything to say. ^^

I have a lot to learn still so please go easy on me. m(_ _)m
Hi! My name is yama. I am niced to meet you.™

Ashlotte
Full-time Reviewer
Very Important Boarder

Ashlotte

In linea No
Livello 22
Iscrizioni 8 anno/i fa
Post(s) 255
Posizione Florida, ...

7 anno/i fa
Aw geez if Taka is making the effort to finally shot something I guess I should too......hmmm what to shoot...

keychain
Very Important Boarder

keychain

In linea No
Livello 18
Iscrizioni 8 anno/i fa
Post(s) 109
Posizione United St...

7 anno/i fa
Originally was going to wait till I shot something a little more complicated -_- but decided to change my mind. I'll throw this pic into the fire :D Interested in hearing any comments and critique you guys may have.

picture #66581

Ashlotte
Full-time Reviewer
Very Important Boarder

Ashlotte

In linea No
Livello 22
Iscrizioni 8 anno/i fa
Post(s) 255
Posizione Florida, ...

7 anno/i fa
Threw one up myself...Not really happy about it since I had to chunk 2/3rds of the pictures I took because I stupidly forgot to dust her beforehand so the macro picked up all the dust on her black leggings, which made only the shots of her legs in the shadows usable...Ah geez I really am out of practice such a stupid mistake...

picture #66697

*goes off to check keys shot*

Aggiornato 7 anno/i fa #173669

Ashlotte
Full-time Reviewer
Very Important Boarder

Ashlotte

In linea No
Livello 22
Iscrizioni 8 anno/i fa
Post(s) 255
Posizione Florida, ...

7 anno/i fa
Thanks for the CC Key...I was trying to go for a "glamor" shot thing...like a photo shoot that you'd see pop stars do...Errr except I don't really read magazines or anything so I kinda couldn't remember how it should look and...yea...

I gotta go back to doing reviews they help keep me focused so much more when it comes to photography. >_<

keychain
Very Important Boarder

keychain

In linea No
Livello 18
Iscrizioni 8 anno/i fa
Post(s) 109
Posizione United St...

7 anno/i fa
lol, nothing wrong with going for a certain effect, just gotta know when to use it ;) But in all seriousness, I'm pretty much just speaking my opinion and I'm digging pretty deep to nitpick you guys as I'm still a photog n00b myself. Kinda dipping more into my background in art and appreciation :p I guess my main goal is just to get us all thinking a bit more about the shots we take so we can all be more expressive. I just wish more people would post...so many good photographers on here.

Here's another shot for anybody interested...maybe I'm kind of cheating by posting kinda minimalistic shots...but I'll post a more complex photo once I get my Alter Yui :D

picture #66820

najimi13
Regular Boarder

najimi13

In linea No
Livello 12
Iscrizioni 8 anno/i fa
Post(s) 96
Posizione United St...

7 anno/i fa
Woah some posts. I should really take some more photos myself, but been investing my free time into Monster Hunter lately. lol

I'll do what I can though.

najimi13
Regular Boarder

najimi13

In linea No
Livello 12
Iscrizioni 8 anno/i fa
Post(s) 96
Posizione United St...

7 anno/i fa
I got a bunch of figures today and decided to take a picture of one. I wanted to do something near our pond, but was so busy that I didn't get to sit down until now. This was quick and dirty and done on my desk. I know there's a lot that I could've done better, but I'd like to hear the opinion of others.

(mfc link)

Maybe I'll go take them somewhere if I get have any time soon (exam week right now :<).

keychain
Very Important Boarder

keychain

In linea No
Livello 18
Iscrizioni 8 anno/i fa
Post(s) 109
Posizione United St...

7 anno/i fa
Throwing one into the lion pit: picture #71354

Simple shot, lacking on the creative side... Tried to bring out the curves and shadows while keeping the light soft. Interested in any feedback you guys have :)

« Precedente   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Successivo »

Sopra ↑

Iscriviti al club per partecipare alla discussione.